18 May 2004
Mr. Louis Ducoudray
Playa Chiquita, 5 Km Se Puerto
Puerto Viejo Limon (1991)
Dear Mr. Ducoudray
On behalf of the sponsors of the Ultimate Service Awards it gives me great pleasure to confirm that you have been awarded the 2004 Ultimate Service Award for Caribbean/Central America
Travelers from more than 120 countries around the world voted in this year's awards, which are the only global award to recognize outstanding hotel service.
The results were unveiled at the Global Travel and Tourism Summit on 2 May by CNN anchor Becky Anderson.
I enclose your trophy, certificate, brochures to confirm your win and a copy of the announcement press release.
The sponsors, CNN, American Express, Qatar Airways, octopustravel.com, Financial Times, TNS Hospitality and Leisure, Villeroy & Boch and BGB & associates public relations all congratulate you and wish you every success in the future.
Member Ultimate Service Awards Advisory Panel
CNN announced the award winners at the World Travel & Tourism Council’s Global Travel and Tourism Summit in Doha, May 2, 2004.
Travelers around the world voted for hotels of any size that offered them exceptional service and entries were encouraged by sponsors, which include CNN, American Express, Qatar Airways, octopustravel.com, Financial Times, TNS Hospitality and Leisure and Villeroy & Boch.
Hotel Kasha, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, has been distinguished with the Ultimate Service Award in Central America/Caribbean. Voters said they were “treated like royalty” throughout their stay.
Letter from Hotel Kasha's CEO
It is with great joy that I want to share with the wonderful guests who have honored us with their presence, the Ultimate Service Award given to Hotel Kasha. Our deepest gratitude to all of you who voted for us.
This award is the result of a 9 year commitment to exceptional service. It would not have been possible without a staff which goes beyond details to make every guest’s stay unforgettable.
Many thanks to all of you.
The Ultimate Service awards began in 2000 and were set up to recognize service in hotels across the world. The awards are backed by a distinguished panel of the world’s top global hoteliers including:
· Giovanni Angelini, MD, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
· Jean-Claude Baumgarten, President World Travel & Tourism Council WTTC
· Michael Ball, CEO/MD SRS-Worldhotels
· Edoard Ettedgui, CEO, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
· Wolf Hengst, President/COO Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
· Hans Kennedie, MD Golden Tulip Hotels, Inns & Resorts
· Paul McManus, President/CEO Leading Hotels of the World
· Anupam Narayan, SVP global brand management/CFO, Best Western International
· Eric Pfeffer, President International Hotel & Restaurant Association IH&RA
· Georg Rafael, MD, Rafael Group
· Kurt Ritter, President/CEO Rezidor SAS Hospitality Worldwide
- Reto Witter, President/CEO Kempinski Hotels & Resorts
- Mary Gostelow, Travel Writer